Tuesday 17 August 2010

I haven't posted in a while, have had a bad flare-up which has zapped me of all my energy. Finding it really hard to deal with the hyper-sensitivity, if I'm poked in the arm, it feels like someone has stuck a knife in, if I scratch an itch, the pain literally takes my breath away. It's very hard to get people to understand how the simplest thing can feel like being stabbed.

Have been reading a book called "Coping with Fibro" & some of it makes since & some of it would kill me to do, I was also reading it to see if it would make good reading material for my mum & dad, as they're having a hard time understanding things. One day I'm complaining of pain in my back, the next it's a headache, the next it could be extreme fatigue....I can see why it would be hard for some people to understand, but it hurts so much when they look at you, & you know they're thinking "yeah right".

One of the hardest things for my dad to accept is that I don't work, I don't enjoy taking money from the government, but I know that I can't do it, some days I think yeah I could go out to work, others I can hardly get out of bed!

I'm not sure yet what I want to achieve through this blog, whether it's simply an online diary for me or whether I'm hoping to help others accept what's going on with them.

The main thing I have learnt the last few weeks, is that you have to be vocal, your nearest & dearest aren't mind readers, this is something I always struggle with, I don't want to be treated differently because I'm ill, but I am different, I can't do the things other people do, I have to pace myself even for simple tasks....accepting this is the 1st step to accepting your unwell!!

Gentle hugs to all,
C x

1 comment:

  1. This is too good not to share, watch the video about how you can
    participate in a post-it note campaign on spreading encouragement and
    good cheer! AND promoting awareness of invisible illnesses!

    Invisible Illness Awareness Week is Sep13th-19th this year.

    http://invisibleillnessweek.com/category/news/

    ReplyDelete